Beginning in 1959 with the release of Tifway 419, The University of Georgia Tif-Hybrid series bermudagrass varieties set the bar for homes lawns, golf courses and athletic field playing surfaces around the world. Now the best has gotten better.
TifGrand® (PP21017) is the world’s first seed and pollen sterile (triploid hybrid) Bermudagrass scientifically developed to produce a superior turf cover in full sun and to thrive in limited light environments.
- Thrives in 60-70% continuous shade (approximately 5 hours direct sun)
- Superior quality in full sun
- Semi-dwarf nature with naturally dark green blade
- Produces a dense turf with vertical blade orientation
- Significantly reduced fertilizer (N) requirement
- Reduced water requirement
- Increased cold tolerance
- Spreads by stolons and rhizomes
- Tawny-mole cricket non-preference
- Only produced by license Certified Producers
Developed By Dr. Wayne Hanna and Dr. Kris Braman and the University of Georgia's world renowned turfgrass breeding program.